Privacy Release Form

Senator Isakson is retiring from the U.S. Senate effective December 31, 2019. While our office will continue to work on your pending case until the end of the year, if it is not resolved before December 31, 2019, we are not able to transfer your case to another Senate or House office due to privacy rules. Please keep this in mind when you sign a privacy release. You may consider opening a case with your Congressman or Senator Perdue’s office. You can find contact information for Senator Perdue here and your Congressman here.

One of Johnny's most important jobs in the Senate is to assist constituents who run into difficulties when dealing with federal agencies. As your senator, he is here to help you with specific problems you may be having with Social Security benefits, veterans’ benefits, immigration, the Internal Revenue Service or any other federal agency.

Johnny has representatives in his Atlanta office who serve as liaisons between you and the federal government. We offer assistance with any federal agency. Our top three issue areas are the following:

  • US Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Social Security Administration
  • Department of Veterans Affairs

If you have an issue with a federal agency, please contact our office in Atlanta by telephone, fax, mail or email. In order to assist you with your casework, Johnny will need your permission to contact the appropriate federal agency on your behalf.

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the individual needing assistance is required to complete a privacy release form, which gives the agency permission to release information to our office. If this is a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issue please complete the USCIS specific privacy release form.

You may use the provided area on the privacy release to give a description of the situation or you may choose to include a cover letter going into the details of the issue. Please include any case or file numbers pertaining to your situation and send in copies of any relevant supporting information you feel would be helpful to further explain the matter.

As soon as the completed privacy release is received, our office will submit a formal congressional inquiry on your behalf. When we receive any information regarding your case, you will be promptly notified.

Our office will do everything that it can, within our authority, to attempt to resolve your case. While we cannot override a decision or order the agency to do anything contrary to existing laws and regulations, we will make sure your rights are respected and the agency’s decision is explained.

While we are ready to assist you with your federal issues, there are some matters that fall outside the jurisdiction of a United States Senator.

We are unable to intervene in county, city or state matters, including:

  • Food stamps
  • Child support
  • Utility regulation
  • Welfare
  • Driver’s license issues
  • Local zoning

For matters involving state agencies, you may contact the Governor of Georgia:

203 State Capitol 
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
404-656-1776 (Phone)

You can also visit for more information on state agencies.

Senate rules prohibit us from assisting you in matters dealing with the judicial system, including criminal cases, lawsuits and civil litigation such as:

  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Criminal prosecution

Senate rules also restrict us from being able to offer legal advice or provide attorney referrals. You can contact the State Bar of Georgia at 1-800-334-6865 for a listing of attorneys licensed to practice in the state.

We look forward to assisting you with your federal issue. Please send all related correspondence, including the privacy release form, to our Atlanta Office:

One Overton Park
3625 Cumberland Boulevard
Suite 970
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
770-661-0999 (Phone)
770-661-0768 (Fax)
*Email address is for completed privacy release forms only.